Thank you for choosing absolutewax. Once you have been waxed please take a moment to read the following aftercare advice in order to get the best out of your waxing treatment, especially if it is your first wax.
It is normal after waxing to experience slight soreness and/or redness following a waxing treatment, especially if you are a first timer. This is normal and these symptoms usually subside over a 24 to 48 hour period and you should avoid any heat treatments or friction during this period.
- No hot baths or showers (cool or lukewarm is fine)
- No saunas of jacuzzi baths
- No sunbeds, sunbathing or fake tan treatments
- No sporting activities, especially any vigorous exercises
- No swimming in chlorinated pools
- Avoid scratching or touching the area
- Wear clean, loose fitting clothes
A few days after your treatment, gently exfoliate the skin by using a loofah or an exfoliating mitt/glove when showering to help prevent ingrowing hairs and to allow the new hair to come through easily without obstruction.
In addition, don’t use any deodorants or body sprays on the area and avoid any lotions other than those recommended by the therapist. Apply antiseptic cream to the area for the next 2 to 3 days if required.
To maintain a smooth area it is recommended that you have regular waxing every 4 to 6 weeks.